"Historical Fiction and the Search for Truth" is now less than a month away. Writers of historical fiction, historians, and a few hundred guests will come together for two long weekends of readings, panel discussion, and lectures at the historic San Carlos Institute; while informal gatherings and parties will take place each evening at local cultural institutions and lush gardens.
The first session, as expected, has been completely sold out. Tickets are still available for the second session, which opens with a keynote address by Booker Prize winner Barry Unsworth on Thursday January 15, and closes on the afternoon of Sunday January 18. Unsworth, who begins the book tour for his new novel Land of Marvels at the Seminar, will be joined by Marilynne Robinson (Home) and Rachel Kushner (Telex From Cuba), two of this year’s nominees for the National Book Award; as well as Pulitzer Prize-winner William Kennedy, Joyce Carol Oates, Russell Banks, Thomas Mallon, and many more.
Admission for the entire weekend, including receptions (with open bar and passed hors d’ouevres) and a light continental breakfast each morning, is only $495. If you have any questions about the Seminar or would like to register, please call Miles at 888-293-9291, or send an email to [email protected]
We endeavor to make our website as useful and informative as possible to anyone who is planning to attend the Seminar. Here is a brief guide.
• Complete Schedule of Events for the first and second sessions.
• Complete list of Speakers, with biographies, bibliographies, and links to resources on the web
• Key West Lodging Guide, including discounts at hotels and guesthouses for Seminar registrants
• Our Interview Series– with Barry Unsworth, Geraldine Brooks, Thomas Mallon, and more
• Our podcast series: free, downlowdable recordings from past events, perfect for the drive or flight to Key West