2024 Registration opens at 11 am EST on Thursday, February 9
Registration for the 41st annual Key West Literary Seminar, “Florida: The State We’re In” (January 11–14, 2024), will open to the public at 11 am eastern standard time (EST) on Thursday, February 9. Subscribers to our email newsletter will receive the direct link to register via email that morning, or you can click the button that will appear on this page at that time.
The registration fee for the Seminar is $825, and you may register for up to two people with a deposit of $300 per person. This includes access to all onstage events throughout the four-day seminar, as well as social activities including an opening night reception.
Deposits are refundable until June 30, and full payments are due by September 30. Our full cancellation/refund policy is here, along with answers to other frequently asked questions.
Tips for successful registration
While we have significantly expanded audience capacity for the Seminar in recent years, we continue to strongly recommend that you register not later than February 9. It remains possible that the Seminar could return to an indoor venue with more limited seating capacity due to circumstances outside our control; in this event, registrations would be honored in the order in which we received them.
Please consider these recommendations as you prepare for registration day:
- Subscribe to our mailing list to receive important registration-related notifications, including the direct link to our registration waiting room on the morning of February 9.
- Be on this page and click the button at the top by 11 am Eastern time on Thursday, February 9, OR click the registration link in the email that will be sent that morning.
- Maximize your opportunity and attend with a friend. You may register for up to two people while completing your payment.
- Please do not attempt to register by phone. We can only answer one call at a time.
- Be patient. Assuming space is still available, you will have ample time to enter your credit card details and complete your registration once you reach the payment page.
Support our mission and register early
Members of our Patrons Circle who donate at or above the $1,000 level may register for by personal arrangement from February 7–8. Patrons who donate at or above the $5,000 level may register anytime.
Support from the Patrons Circle allows us to provide scholarships to teachers, librarians, and writers who would not otherwise be able to attend the seminar and workshop program; attract some of the brightest literary lights of our time to Key West; and provide engagements with leading American writers to our local high school students and the broader community of readers free of charge.